Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Dominantly Pink Floyd-ish But Still Relevant to "Mary Shelly's Frankenstein" Playlist

The "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" Playlist

To my unorthodox Creature,

     Since your very creation, I knew undoubtedly that the social norms of our German society. A thought so vile that my Genevese parents would have exiled me if spoken in their range. For I have contribute in the creation and re-animation of man; a burden that we both must carry. Since you left me in the mountains, I have pondered the most re-wretched thoughts. As a dark proposal, you had ignited revenge, from the lips thou spoke, "I will be with you on your wedding night." (Pg. 149), in which I immediately soiled myself upon comprehension.  However, my response to you is, 
"How I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after Year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here."
 A quote from a English colleague of mine, 'Floyd Pinkston' (or was it Pink Floydston?)



Not sound cheesy on the last one (although I am Swiss), but I wholeheartedly mean that, since in a world with such prejudice and deceit, sometimes the only soul you can turn to is you creator (which is me by the way). How I "Wish You Were Here" (probably not at my wedding; just don't strangle Elizabeth, or me).
_________________________________________________________________________________
     The next song for you is also by Floyd Pinks-, Pink Floyd-, forget it, I'm going with PF. "Another Brick In The Wall" (and speaking of the Wall, I'm going to break the Fourth Wall for a sec because it would be extremely ridiculous for me to put all three parts of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall" since the whole song in it's entirety is about 9 minutes long, but any-who, where was I?), a song I think you'd enjoy very much, due to its feelings of isolation, self-angst, and self reliance; feelings I can relate to as well. 

"All in all you're just another brick in the wall". Metaphorically though, in terms of emotions, cause it would be odd having a clay-melded monster.
"For some days I haunted the spot where these scenes had taken place. Sometimes wishing to see you, sometimes resolved to quit the world and its miseries forever".-Frankenstein's Monster, (Pg. 123)


_________________________________________________________________________________
This next song is a doozy, it's called "Monster Mash"! "The Monster Mash! It was a graveyard smash!" You should be able to relate to this because you're a monster (in a good way), and you certainly love to mash and smash things! (Like when you killed my brother, William, and Henry, and eventually everyone else I known and love... *sigh*).

"Slave, I before reasoned with you, but you have proven yourself unworthy of my condescension. Remember that I have power. You believe yourself miserable, but I can make you so wretched that the light of day will be hateful to you. You are my creator, but I am your master. Obey!"-Frankenstein's Monster, (Pg.145)
_________________________________________________________________________________      The last two songs I have for you should really touch base with your emotions, "Brain Damage and Eclipse" (breaking the Forth Wall again, Eclipse is usually is play right after Brain Damage on the radio. However, to be fair, Brain Damage and Eclipse are two different songs). No being shall ever understand us, not even my darling Elizabeth. For there is only you and me...



"You shout and no one seems to hear. And if the band you're in stars playing different tunes. I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." "And all you create and all you destroy/And all that you do and that you say/And and all that you eat and everyone you meet/And all that you slight and everyone you fight/And all that is now and that is gone/And all that's to come and everything under the sun is in tune/But the sun is eclipse by the moon"  Whether it be in person, or beyond the grave, we shall reunite... 


"Devil, cease and do not poison the air with these sounds of malice. I have declared my resolution to you, and I am no coward to bend beneath words. Leave me. I am inexorable."-Victor Frankenstein, (Pg.145)

Sincerely,
Victor Frankenstein (Trevor Mac-Kenney)

Shelley, Mary. Frankenstein. Mattituck, NY: Amereon House, 1983. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment