Monday, January 19, 2015

Tears of a Tiger


Tarynn Grundy
Tears of a Tiger Playlist
 

 
 Hey Andy, I know you are going through tough times right now. These songs that I have chosen perfectly explain and will help your situation; they also capture your personality. Hopefully you will listen and enjoy them.

 

1.       “Basketball” by Kurtis Blow

 

I choose this song for you because you love basketball so much. Basketball is a positive and negative in your life. It was after a basketball game that your best friend, Robert, died. Basketball has helped to keep you alive. Basketball is a positive in your life because you got to play with your best friend. After Robert died you adopted his position, center; I know that made you feel proud. You said Rob would have wanted you to have his position. “But basketball, instead of bein’ harder, got easier. It’s like I could work out my feelings on the basketball court. The coach gave me his position-center” (48).The song I have chosen for you brings joy to me and I’m sure it will do the same for you. “I like slam dunks, take me to the hoop. My favorite play is the alley oop, I like the pick and roll. I like the five and go ‘Cause its basketball, uh Mister Kurtis Blow.” I can just imagine you playing ball to it.

 

2.       “So Alone” by Men At Large
 




Andy everyone can tell that you aren’t dealing with Rob’s death well, we know you’ve had a very rough time with it. Your thoughts are very suicidal and depressing. An example of that would be “I feel so alone, I should have died not Rob” (39). The song I chose for you captures all of your feelings into one thought. One line of the song seizes your thoughts perfectly. The line is “Now I just can’t believe that you’re gone and I’m so alone.”

 
 
 

 

 

 

3.       “Come Close” by Common featuring Mary J. Blidge

 



 
Andy, you have such a strong love for Keisha, and you appreciate her so much. The love you have for her is beautiful, especially since you’re in high school. In a meeting with your therapist you talked about your feelings for Keisha. “Me and Keisha are tight. She’s my lady” (75). I thought that was so cute. The affection you show for her is glorious. That is why I thought this song was perfect for you. “You and I can affect the world, I’m tired of the fast lane, I want you to have my last name.” The song definitely puts your feelings towards Keisha into one complete thought.

 

 

 



 

4.       “Summertime” by Will Smith


"Summertime” by Will Smith basically talks about having a good time. A good time is what you need to make yourself feel sane; you’re so tense. It seems as if sometimes you don’t have any life in you. Before Rob passed you would go out. “We just gonna chill, we might try to find a party” (6). That quote is just one example of the upbeat party mindset you had. After Rob died that personality no longer existed. The song, "Summertime", is so upbeat and live. One simple quote explains that happy fun life. “It’s late in the day, and I ain’t been on the court yet. Hustle to the mall, to get me a short set. Yeah I got on the sneaks, but I need a new pair. Cause basketball courts in the summer got the girls there.”

 

 

 

 

 

5.       “The Storm is Over Now” by R Kelly


This song, I feel really shines on your situation that you are going through. Andy, you’ve been taking Rob’s death very hard and you’ve been letting it get to you. “It’s dark where I am, and I cannot find the light. There are shadows all around me and my heart is full of fright” (63). You’ve just been in a very dark place, and hopefully you’ll be able to get out of it. The song I chose for you explains that there is light at the end of the road. “The storm is over and I can see the sunshine.”

 

 

 

 

 

Whenever you need to reflect on your situation, think about life, or just have some fun listen to this playlist.

 

 

Sincerely,

Tarynn

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment