Monday, January 19, 2015

Playlist Assignment- Crash


Crash by Lisa Mcmann


Julia,


I know you have been going through a hard time trying to deal with your visions and having people understand what its like. It must be really tough. I know of five songs that could really help you through this.


One by Ed Sheeran
When your visions got more intense you realized that Sawyer was in one of the body bags. You knew that you had to do something to help him not die because you were in love with him. This song can help you to know that its okay you feel that way and that you think “cause you are the only one” (he is the only one). I remember how you fantasized over him while in bed. You told me you would “moon around in my room after Rowan was asleep, pretending my pillow was Sawyer.” (9). Its okay to love the enemy, he is your one true love.


Brave by Sara Bareilles
You have had a hard time with facing reality about your visions and telling people about them. This song will help you to remember that its okay to say something. You have to “say what you want to say and let the words fall out.” You have to be brave and let people know so they can help. I know you don’t want to sound crazy and don’t want to lose Sawyer because you said while thinking about things that could go wrong, ”I go in and tell Sawyer and he thinks I’m insane and tells everybody, and my life is over,” (71) but this is the only way. You have to speak and tell the truth because “honestly I wanna see you be brave.”


Creep by Radiohead
When you started seeing the visions you didn’t know what it meant. You thought you were going crazy. I think this song would help you with accepting the things wrong with you. It says, “but I’m a creep, I’m a weirdo.” I know you feel this because you said, “’Stop it,’ I whisper. My stomach flips and a creepy shiver runs down my neck.”(19) You are feeling like a freak because you are different. But sometimes different is okay. Yes, it might seem like you are a freak for having these visions but it is for the better good of saving people.


Family Tree by Mathew West
You have a really messed up family. Your dad has depression and had an affair with the competitor’s daughter and you have crazy visions about accidents. I feel this song could really help you understand your situation. It says, “you didn’t ask for this, nobody ever would, caught up in the middle of this dysfunction, its your sad reality, its your messed up family tree.” You say you’re afraid that the depression is going to hit someone in your family again, just like with your grandfather. I know this because you said, “It’s a weird thing to find out about your family, you know? It made me feel different for the rest of the say, and still does now whenever I think about it. Like were all wondering where the depression poison will hit next…” (13) Even though your family is messed up and dysfunctional, its okay, that’s how families can be.


They Don’t Know About Us by One Direction
After the accident Sawyer felt so bad for not believing you. He even came to visit you bringing you flowers and a sucker that he knew you used to love. You thought it was such an amazing gesture and loved him even more for doing it. I know this because you said, “Every time he says something funny, I laugh even though it hurts, and when he blinks those long lashes at me with that shy grin, my stomach flips.” (225) Everything was going great until your dad walks in and tells sawyer to get out. This song would help because it talks about how “people say we shouldn’t be together” and that “this love is only getting stronger.”




No comments:

Post a Comment