Sunday, January 18, 2015

Playlist Assignment: Panic

        Layla,
     
         One song I think that represents you is "Human" by Christina Perri. This song represents you because it is about not being perfect and making mistakes, ultimately being human. These are traits that you know you posses. You face them and move on instead of holding on to the past. The line "I can fake a smile," explains how you show your emotions to most others. For example when Donovan texted everyone the pictures of you and your mom picks you up from dance practice, she asks if you've been crying. You reply," I,uh, stubbed my toe,"(215). This shows you keeping you emotions hidden.
  Another song that I think describes you is "What Now"by Rhianna. This song describes you because its about having so many emotions going through you at once that you get lost. You were lost about your love for Donovan because he wanted you to give up your dreams. "Then maybe it's time you quit dancing,"(155). The line," I don't know what to do," connects to you because it shows the inner conflict you have with yourself and your love for Donovan and being a dancer.
  The song " Energy" by Keri Hilson connects to you because it's about putting a lot into a relationship and not getting as much back. You put so much effort and energy into yours and Donovan's relationship, but He doesn't give half as much back. The line," I'm not afraid to walk alone/Not giving up, but moving on," would describe how you felt about leaving Donovan. After you saw him with Magnificent you decided to stay home the next day. When you come back from your walk you find Donovan on the front porch, which leads to a conversation starting with him asking where you were. You then tell him to mind his business. he then says that you are his business, to which you reply," Maybe not anymore," (182). This shows that you are tired of wasting your time and energy on a relationship that is not going anywhere.
Another song I think connects you is "In Vain" by Jasmine Sullivan. This song is about a woman who's boyfriend cheated on her and later left her. This song connects to you because Donovan had practically cheated on you with Magnificent. The line," Hope you two are meant to be," connects to you because its like when you break up with Donovan you said," I don't plan to waste another breath on him,"(242). You finally realize that he is not what you want and that you can do better than him.
 One more song that connects to you is the "Cup Song" by Anna Kendrick. I think that it connects to you because it's about grief and leaving a bad relationship. I chose this song specifically because the quote,"Your gonna miss me when I'm gone," is how you felt about making the decision to leave Donovan. While making this decision you talkore to Justin and find out that not all boys are the same. When you're talking to him in the theatre about the pictures ypusaid ," Why not? Everybody else is calling me a slut and a whore,"(227). You find put that it can be different and you know that when you leave Donovan will regret his  actions.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Trevor. These fundamental tones of modern music are often taken for granted. I was actually dumbfound upon perceiving, however, subsequently after spending considerable amount of time concentrating on the lyrics, I then realized what message both you (Aerial) and the song were trying to portray. Exemplary job Aerial, this must have taken a bit of toiling if I must say so myself.

    ReplyDelete