Monday, January 19, 2015

Tears Of A Tiger movie soundtrack

I've chosen a few songs that I honestly think should be included in the soundtrack for the movie, " Tears of a Tiger," based on the book, Tears of a Tiger.
Basketball by Lil Bow Wow ft. Jermaine Dupree, Fabulous, Fundisha

I chose this song because basketball plays a big role in the book. Basketball is what the boys love to do, it's what bought them together as friends. They tend to joke around about who's better, but they all share a common feeling. They LOVE it. In the song, there's a part that says, " they're playing basketball, we love that basketball." It's repeated alot throughout the song to show the passion that the artist has towards basketball. In the book, there's a quote that says, "Hey, Rob! Live game, man. You be flyin' with the hoops, man. Swoosh! Ain't nobody better 'cept maybe me." Rob responds, " Deam on superstar, basketball is what I do!" This shows that basketball means alot to them, therefore this song should be included in a scene when they're doing what they love.

We Are Young by Fun ft. Janelle Monae

I chose this song to be apart of the soundtrack because in the book, when the boys finished their game, they wanted to go out and have some fun to let loose a little. They'd been working hard all week and it was finally the weekend. In the book, in a conversation between Andy and Gerald, it says, " We might try to find a party, or we might just finish these beers and let the party find us." This quote shows that they wanted to relax. In the song, it says, " Tonight, we're young. So let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun." The artist is basically saying have fun while you're young, which is what the boys were attempting to do, without thinking about the consequences.

I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy ft. Faith Evans

This sound could be apart of the movie soundtrack to show Andy's sadness about Rob's death. He knows that Rob is in a better place, but he misses his best friend. In the song it says, " It's kinda hard with you not around, know you up in heaven smilin' down. "  These lyrics are trying to give it a positive side to the death, acknowledging the fact that the bestfriend is in heaven, smiling down on everyone else. In the book, Andy is talking to a counselor about Rob and wants to break down, however he keeps it together because Rob wouldn't want him to break down.  In a scene after Rob's death, maybe Andy could sit in his room and listen to this in thought of Rob.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

I think this song should be apart of the soundtrack for the movie because it represents loneliness. Andy is left to deal with his grief alone. His other friends tell him to let it go and move on with life, but he can't live with the fact that he killed his bestfriend. Throughout the song it says, " I walk alone, I walk alone. " In the book, nobody was really there for Andy when he needed them the most, which led him to his tragic decision. His pain was too strong and it slowly, but surely took over his life.. literally. One day, Andy is talking to the reader, he says, " I was on my way to school, but forgot where I was going. So i came back here to sit on my lumpy, linty, bedspread, wishin' I had never been born, strokin' the smooth, cool barrel of my father's shot gun. It's very, very quiet. I'm sorry for all I've done - so sorry, ... so very, very sor-" Andy couldn't handle the guilt any longer.

Hurt by Christina Aguilera

Lastly, I think this song should be on the soundtrack becasue a few of Andys's friends, mainly his girlfriend Kesha, were sorry for not being there when he dropped hints that he needed them everyday. However, it's already too late and they can't tell him. In the song it says, " If I knew what I knew today, I would hold you in my arms, I would take the pain away." This could very well represent how the other characters felt, being in disbelief at the same time. In Kesha's letter to Andy she says, " You can't be dead. But I went to your funeral. I felt your coffin. It was warm and woody, but you couldn't have been in it. " She doesn't want to believe that he's really gone.. however she was one of the people that told him to let go of his bestfriend and left him when he was helpless and hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment