Monday, January 19, 2015

Playlist Assignment- The Hunger Games

Katniss,
I know you went through a lot when you went through the games. I think you were really brave for volunteering your life for your sister. You probably will always be scarred from the games. I don't feel like the capitol treats anyone from the districts right. I have picked out five songs that I feel you would find as your favorite songs.
 
 
           In the first song "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys says, “this girl is on fire.” This symbolizes when you and Peeta are riding on their chariot during the tribute parade before the tributes enter the Hunger Games. The dress that Cinna designed for you was made to symbolize coal from district 12. The capitol then called you “the Girl on Fire” every time you were seen or talked about. Cinna says to you,"Katniss, the girl who was on fire"(67). I feel like this showed the capitol that you were not afraid of anything. Since you looked like you weren't afraid of fire, this showed that you weren't afraid of anything. You showed that you were brave.
 
                                            
 
            In the song "Coal Miner's Daughter" by Loretta Lynn says, "Well, I was born a coal miner's daughter." I feel like you can relate to this song really well.  You once told me "My father knew and he taught me some before he was blown to bits in a mine explosion"(5). I know that you are going through a lot since your father passed away while mining. I feel that you had a good relationship with your father because you haven't talk to your mother a lot since he passed away. I feel liked since your father died and you don't talk to your mother a lot, you have became more responsible because you take care of your sister.
 
                                        
          
          I feel that this song explains your relationship with Peeta. It says in "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, "people fall in love in mysterious ways." The capitol forced you and Peeta to be together after the games. Haymitch says, "Your only defense can be you were so madly in love you weren't responsible for your actions"(357).Since you saved Peeta and yourself during the games and rebelled against the capitol, it showed how much you cared about Peeta. It shows that Peeta is in love with you throughout the games. Now, the capitol will always be watching to see if you are actually in love with Peeta or if you actually saved them both just to rebel against them.
  
                                       
         
         When you volunteered for Prim during the reaping, it showed your unconditional love for your sister. When you were about to leave Prim and your mother, you said, "...we're all hugging one another so hard it hurts and all I'm saying is 'I love you. I love you both'"(36). This showed how much you didn't want to go to the games bur you volunteered to go in her place just because you felt that she should live her life. In "Unconditionally" by Katy Perry it says, "Walk through the storm I would do it all because I love you, I love you." The storm was the games and you chose to go to the games instead of your sister because of your unconditional love for her.
 
                                  
 
         At the end of the games, you wouldn't win the games without Peeta. Usher says in his song "Without You," "I will never win this game without you." You would not kill Peeta but you would let him win without you. Both of you couldn't live without each other, so you both decided to rebel against the capitol. When you were about to win the games, you said, "Because if he dies, I'll never go home, not really. I'll spend the rest of my life in this arena trying to think my way out"(343). This shows how much you really care about Peeta and how you wouldn't be able to live without him.
 
I hope you consider listening to these songs!

 
            Sincerely,
                     Hunter Lamb
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment