Monday, January 19, 2015

Playlist: Legend






Day,





The first song I have chosen for you to listen to on your playlist is "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes. This song is written about someone who fights for what they want, which describes you perfectly. In the book you’re told, “If you want to rebel, rebel from inside the system. That's much more powerful than rebelling outside the system.” as you’re plotting to fight back against the government. The people in the city are so brainwashed that they are taught to discriminate against any criminal as they can be a threat. When they hear about your plot, you instantly become hated. This ties perfectly into the verse, “…half the populations just waiting to see me fail, yeah right you better off trying to freeze hell…” because you’re determined to turn things around for your family.

 Another song on your playlist is "Day and Night" by Kid Cudi.  The quote “The memory fades, and I’m left hanging on to the ghosts of his words.” from the book explains you and your loneliness as you can be on your own island sometimes. You lose a lot of people on your journey to help your family and are stuck in your own thoughts. The verses, “… he’s all alone through the day and night, the lonely loner seems to free his mind at night…” and “…some things will never change…” represent you and your thoughts. These quotes from two totally different works can be connected through your character.

 "Hall of Fame" by Gym Class Heroes would also be on your playlist. Although this song pertains to a sports figure becoming famous, if you listen the lyrics can easily describe you too. “You can be the greatest, you can be the best, you can be the king kong bangin on your chest, you could beat the world, you could beat the war…” and “…dedicate yourself and you could find yourself standin in the hall of fame, and the worlds gonna know your name…” are two prime examples of verses in this song that portray you as a criminal. After all, you are considered the greatest criminal of the city. You state in the book, “My mother used to hope that I would rise up from my humble roots. Become someone successful, or even famous. I'm famous all right, but I don't think it's what she had in mind.” which confirms this accusation.

 Kid Cudi is going to make one last appearance on your playlist with his song "The Prayer". When you made the promise, I will hunt you down. I will scour the streets of Los Angeles for you. Search every street in the Republic if I have to. I will trick you and deceive you, lie, cheat and steal to find you, tempt you out of your hiding place, and chase you until you have nowhere else to run. I make you this promise: your life is mine.” to your brother’s killer in your mind; you basically told yourself you’re ready to do whatever it takes. In the song the verse, “If I die before I wake, I pray The Lord my soul to take, because I’m ready for the funeral…” can help you to relate to this feeling you’re having. It could help fuel your inner drive to make everything right according to you. It explains the “on edge” lifestyle you live.


The last song is called "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks. This song could also help fuel your inner drive, although it is a little slower. It talks about having courage which is what you need. The verse, "We call them strong, those who can face this world alone, who seem to get by on their own, those who will never take the fall..." represents your struggle against the government, alone. You take each day as a new challenge on your own.  “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time." is my favorite quote from you because you never seem to give up. It also lets me know you'll be able to relate to your last song on a mental level.
Hope you like it,
TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment