Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Insurgent:Veronica Roth

 
Insurgent by: Veronica Roth 
Martinez 
 
 
 
   Veronica Roth style is very descriptive but also modern. The words are not difficult at all and its a very easy book to read. Don't get me wrong, the novel is great and really interesting, with a exceptional plot line. its not as challenging as other books the diction is not as great. Veronica is very descriptive in her writing. At the beginning of the book the exposition on (p.42) "I inch closer to Tobias, not sure how to comfort him without making things worse. I pick up my apple with my left hand, and grab his hand under the table with my right. But I can’t keep my eyes away from Marcus. I want to know more about what he said to Johanna. And sometimes, if you want the truth, you have to demand it.” the paragraph is very descriptive divergent, insurgent, and allegiant are all in a dystopian society. Veronica audience is mainly teenagers. 
  
    A very important and powerful quote in the book is “It reminds me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.” The other factions do not have the liberty that the dauntless have. some might call them crazy but I think they are willing to do whatever to show prowess and self confidence. I think this is why tris chose dauntless in the first place. and I would too or abnegation because I like to help others. 
  
  After reading the divergent series I would recommend this novel to anyone, its a really great book and the author veronica Roth is very inspiring to be free and live life willingly. it is definitely a good read. The book is not as challenging, like a To Kill a Mockingbird. I would rate this novel a  
7/10.  
 
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment